Banya 5 strives to create a rigorous, exhilarating and relaxing experience in a warm and welcoming “third place” where people can participate in cultural bathing traditions as a self-directed means of relaxation and rejuvenation. Over the years, we have built a strong and healthy community for our clients and employees through old world wellness rituals in a Clean, Safe and Friendly environment.
If it's your first time to our facility or have booked a massage, please fill out our waiver before your arrive: HERE
For first time information on Services please visit our Services page.
Banya 5 is an extreme environment. If you are pregnant, have diabetes, heart conditions, pacemakers, anemia, high or low blood pressure, epilepsy or other health conditions; please consult your physician prior to using the Banya or receiving services.
What to Bring
Modest swimwear is required (full coverage bikinis are ok). If you forget yours we do have some to borrow, however we cannot guarantee to have all sizes available.
A non-glass water bottle can also be useful but not a necessity.
Upon arrival we will provide a locker, 2 towels and a pair of flip flops. In our locker rooms we also provide shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Feel free to bring your own toiletries, if you prefer.
For your first time; 2 hours is a good time to allow yourself. However keep in mind that everyone is different. An hour may be enough for you or possibly 4. In and out privileges are not allowed.
We are located in a congested downtown area and parking can be difficult to obtain. We temporarily have parking behind our building off of 8th Ave N, so check there first. Please keep this in mind when planning your visit.
Bus Routes: C Line, E Line, SLU Streetcar, 5, 8, 26E, 28E, 40, 62
Westlake & Terry Garage- 321 Terry Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Whole Foods Parking Garage- 2210 Westlake Ave, Seattle, WA 98121 (Longer than 3 hours park on Level 6)
Trick & Murray Parking Lot- 967 Thomas St, Seattle, WA 98109
207 Boren Garage- 1001-1099 Thomas St, Seattle, WA 98109
Banya 5 Spa Etiquette
- Fully read and understand the Waiver before entering the spa, all information is pertinent.
- Shower before entering spa area to remove soap, oils and scented body fragrances and always rinse before using hot-tub.
- The Parilka (dry sauna) is extremely hot; avoid touching the brick, stone, metal work or the walls. Wear shoes and sit on a towel when entering.
- No electronics, cell phones or glass are permitted in the facility whatsoever.
- Wear sandals at all times, except in pools.
- Guests are not permitted to bring food, drinks or alcohol into the facility.
- Anyone that appears to be visibly intoxicated will be denied admittance or asked to leave.
- All common areas except the Change Rooms close 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time.
- The Banya 5 mantra is "Clean, Safe and Friendly;" please refrain from public displays of affection or horseplay.
- As stated in our waiver, Banya 5 is not responsible for any injuries; please conduct yourself accordingly.
- We have strict a 24-hour cancellation policy for all service appointments.